Sunday, August 14, 2016

Canva and Blogger......Begin Creatively

DigiLitSunday Thanks, Margaret Simone!
Blogging to Begin our Year

This year we will blog as a way of sharing our writing authentically. We will begin with a class blog where students will share writing, get to know each other better, and make appropriate comments. I decided to try out Canva to create our Blog Rules poster. It was really creative and fun! I could see this being a fabulous tool for students to present information. I created our class blog on Blogger.

I thought I would share a first week activity. I will share the poem Speak Up by Janet S Wong. This is a poem for 2 voices with a theme of appreciating others differences and using respectful language which one of the speakers in this poem does not! Students can then rewrite the poem in a respectful tone that shows mutual appreciation and admiration for differences!

We will follow up this activity by looking for what makes each one of us similar to each other through a Just Like _____________ poem. Here is mine I created in Google Drawing, Just Like Mrs. Swartz. Students can use Google Drawing or try out Canva to create their own and we will share, looking at what makes us each unique and what makes us similar as well! We can share our poems using a Padlet link and write comments to each other!

I can't wait to see the creativity of my students, find out more about my students, and for my students to learn more about each other and me.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I love your poem on Canva. I'll have to try this one out. What grade are you teaching? When do you start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, I teach 5th and 6th grade gifted ELA in Ohio. We return to school next Monday with students beginning on Tuesday the 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas. Thank you! Your post is so helpful
    Kate

    ReplyDelete