Sunday, July 10, 2016

DIY Literacy Digital Demonstration Notebook and Sketchnoting

So I decided to play around and create the beginnings of a Writing Demonstration Notebook. Here is my video with a little bit about it!

I feel like this is a work in progress. I have added some more pages for my narrative unit. Here is my example notebook as it stands right now!

                                         

I also have been playing around with Sketchnoting as a strategy to use with my students. This week I am hosting a book club with some of my soon to be 6th graders at Panera and we are discussing the book Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan.

Here are my Sketchnotes I created to lead my discussion! It was a great strategy to think deeply about the 3 plots that are connected in this novel.
I created the SketchNotes chart as a tool for my students as they experiment with Sketchnoting for themselves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment